Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Grand Canyon

On our way home from Las Vegas we took the long route around and went to the Grand Canyon. Matt had been there before with his parents on his way home from his mission but for Kaiya and myself it was our first time. It was way more beautiful than the pictures could ever show, they just don't do it justice.
My sister Tara was deathly afraid that she might fall into the Canyon and wouldn't get anywhere near the edge. I think the closest she got was like 20 feet away.

Matt and Kaiya, it was a gorgeous day that day.
I had to get a picture sitting on the very edge and prove to Tara that it was ok and I wouldn't fall in.
Kaiya wasn't too happy here but we were able to pose long enough to get a photo.

5 comments:

momchambers said...

Those are awesome pics, I haven't been either, thanks for sharing and not falling in. And the one with Pee Wee and Kaiya was a wee bit too close, I'm glad I wasn't there. Love you

Andrea said...

Holy moly, that pic of Kaiya on the side of your blog is too cute! You never called me!!

Scott and Kel said...

You guys are busy...looks like you're having fun tho! Kaiya is so big and cute!! We need to get together!

Julie said...

Hey Jen!!
The new site is: http://julie-emily-caleb3.blogspot.com/

Jake and Katie Schwabedissen said...

Great pictures Jen! It looks like a fun vacation.